Club Members Track Afternoon 22nd May
At the time of going to press we are still planning for this event to go ahead. However, all events are subject to Government COVID-19 related restrictions. We will not be accepting any bookings for this event until 1st May and will not be taking bookings for other Members Track Afternoons until later in the year.
Places at these events are limited and will need to be pre-booked by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Confirmation of your place, a signing on form, drivers briefing and details for the bank transfer will be provided by e-mail. Driver details, details of the vehicle to be used and confirmation by the driver of agreement to follow the briefing notes also need to be e-mailed 72 hours in advance of the event. Due to the way our insurers provide cover for the club, the club makes a charge for these track afternoons of £10 per driver per track afternoon. Payment can be made by bank transfer or paid on the day. Correct money please as there will be no facility to offer change.
Access to Curborough site will be limited and only drivers or club officials involved in the running of the event will be allowed on site. At this time COVID-19 restrictions applied to motorsport events mean that spectators cannot be allowed on site.
On the day, the gates to the site will be opened for participants from 12 noon. Noise testing will take place from 12.30pm. Track opens 1pm. All participants must arrive on site before 2pm. Gate control will be strictly operated to ensure that only pre-booked participants and officials are allowed onsite.
Toilets and handwashing facilities will be available, but it is recommended that all attendees bring hand sanitiser gel with them. To ensure an enjoyable and successful event it is important that all drivers must understand the need to drive safely, both on and off the track. Anyone considered to be driving dangerously will be warned - if they continue to do so on the same day they will be going home for an early bath! The emphasis at Member Track Afternoons is on driver skill rather than speed.
- Club Afternoons are restricted to paid up SDCC members only and subject to the payment of £10 per driver per track afternoon.
- All cars must be road legal (taxed, insured, MOT’d on road legal tyres). Please note drivers may be asked to demonstrate proof of road legal status (insurance documentation, DVLA proof of MOT and road tax and tyres bearing an E mark)
- Any car that tests at over the noise limit, currently set at 105dB will not be allowed on the track.
- Under 18s need a parent or guardian to counter-sign their forms and also show proof of a full UK driving licence.
- Please respect any instructions given by SDCC officials on the day.
- Passengers and shared drives will only be permitted by members of the same household.
- Please respect social distancing while on site. To conform with social distancing rules these events will be run from the paddock.
- All attendees should use face masks when not in their vehicle and record their presence at the venue using the QR code for NHS Track and Trace purposes.